Re: aspell and special characters

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres
Subject: Re: aspell and special characters
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:26:31 +0200

El sáb, 23-04-2005 a las 13:24 +0200, Sebastian Schubert escribió:
> Only aspell isn't working in emacs. So there is no need of setting LANG
> somewhere, isn't it? If it was still necessary, do I have to put it
> into .Xressources?

"Unlike Ispell, Aspell can also easily check documents in UTF-8 without
having to use a special dictionary. Aspell will also do its best to
respect the current locale setting."

http://aspell.sourceforge.net/

So, yes, maybe you need the LANG setting. Where to set it would depends
on your distro and environment, but usually it's enough to set it at
your .bash_profile.

Cordially, Ismael