Re: Running bash inside emacs

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Running bash inside emacs
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 11:08:25 -0600

Phillip Lord wrote:
> You can access a history with C-p and C-n.

I think you mean M-p and M-n, plus C-<up> and C-<down>.

> Why these are not bound to up and down arrow by default, I really
> never understood.

Because the arrow keys move up and down within the buffer, regardless of
mode.  This is a good thing.

>   Madhusudan> Maybe it is time for a M-x bash RET.
>
> It requires that you have bash. M-x shell also works with DOS, or many
> other shells.

I was going to refer you to http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/defshell.el,
but it looks like it's suffering from a mild case of bit rot.

--
Kevin Rodgers