RE: use of special-event-map

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: use of special-event-map
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 13:53:10 -0700

Trying this question again. I want behavior `foobar' to replace
iconification when you click the window-manager "minimize" button. This
almost does that:

      (defun foo-on-event (event)
        (interactive "e")
        (let ((frame (posn-window (event-start event))))
          (foobar frame)))

      (define-key special-event-map [iconify-frame] 'foo-on-event)

`foo-on-event' is executed whenever you click the window-manager `iconify'
(minimize) button, but it is executed after the frame is iconified by the
window manager. That is, I get a combination of iconification plus `foobar',
instead of just `foobar'.

I can deiconify the frame within the `foo-on-event' code, but the result is
of course that the frame is iconified, then deiconified, then foobar's
behavior occurs. I can't seem to get rid of the window-manager
iconification.

Suggestions? Any way to intercept (i.e. prevent) the window-manager's
minimization of the frame?