Re: Binding meta and arrow

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Binding meta and arrow
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:32:25 +0200

Am 15.05.2005 um 01:51 schrieb Ian Crowther:

it does exactly what I expect. I press left and it goes to the line start. The following still don't work:

        (global-set-key [M-left] 'beginning-of-line)
        (global-set-key [A-left] 'beginning-of-line)

Try first 'M-x global-set-key <your keys> global-set-key' and then do M-x repeat-complex-command. You now see the code for binding the key, C-a and C-k and C-g and you insert it into your .emacs file. Could be that either your X server or you keyboard do not support Alt and Meta cursor keys. Are you working on a portable? What happens when you press the fn key?

(global-set-key [(alt v)] 'yank) works for me. Could be you need to change some of your syntax.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Mac OS X is like a wigwam: no fences, no gates, but an apache inside.