Re: Newbie: Copy&paste text from native application into emacs?

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: Newbie: Copy&paste text from native application into emacs?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:53:01 +0200

At 08:08 on Aug 11 2005, francisrammeloo said :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm very new to emacs and I wonder how I can copy some text from my
> webbrowser into an emacs buffer?
>
> (I use GNU Emacs on Mac OS X )

Specifically, you can select and copy you text as usually with cmd-c and
to insert into Emacs ctrl-y. For the opposite : cmd-w and paste into any
other application as usual. If Cmd-y seems not to work, try Opt-w

If you are very new to Emacs,  i suggest you to type "Ctrl-h" then "t" :
it will launch the Emacs tutorial and should make you more familiar with
the keyboard strokes and general handling & behavior of Emacs.

BTW : in the tutorial the META  key is either the mac option or command,
it  depends on  the Emacs  configuration of  the mac-command-key-is-meta
variable.

--
Sébastien Kirche