utf to iso-latin-8

From: largo-linux
Subject: utf to iso-latin-8
Date: 20 Jan 2006 08:06:11 -0800

I use emacs 21.3 and fedora 4.  the default coding system is utf-8...
i use earthlink as my ISP provider and for my personal webpage.
unfortuately earthlink does not support utf so any html pages that
contain accented characters and set in utf will be rendered with
garbled characters.  sometimes i can re-save my html pages with c-x RET
f iso-latin-8-dos and the page will load but sometimes emacs will
ignore this and keep it as utf.

my question is what is the best way to make sure that my webpages are
saved as iso-latin-8-dos.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW.  i use blogmax to generate the html pages from txt.  is there a
way to configure blogmax to produce html only in iso-latin-8?