Re: simple question about question mark on linux emacs

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: simple question about question mark on linux emacs
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:11:41 +0200

jonathan <news_php@arclocal.com> writes:

> I ssh into a fedora 3 box with my OS X box. When I start emacs and
> type a "?", it puts it into the bottom and waits for a command.
> I  just want to it to put a question mark. Is this a problem with what
> my powerbook is sending or with the remote machine? It would seem to
> be former because emacs works fine on my powerbook. How do I fix this?

Client  part  of  OpenSSH  (at  least) has  a  feature  called  escape
characters. The default one is `~',  but maybe yours is set to `?'. It
allows the  user to  make simple commands  such as  backgrounding ssh,
list connections, ...

In OpenSSH,  this is tweaked  through the ~/.ssh/config file  with the
variable EscapeChar.

It may be related.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |   Isn't vi that text editor with       |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |    two modes... One that beeps and     |