iconify-or deiconify in 21.3 w32

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: iconify-or deiconify in 21.3 w32
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:46:53 -0500

Since this doesn't work in 21.3 I wanted to make the following change to
win32-win.el but it won't work if the function is assigned to C-z because
msw intercepts that keychord and wants to delete files (on ms98 anyway):

(defun iconify-or-deiconify-frame ()
  "Iconify the selected frame, or deiconify if it's currently an icon."
  (interactive)
  (if (eq (cdr (assq 'visibility (frame-parameters))) t)
      (iconify-frame)
    ;;(make-frame-visible)))
    (w32-send-sys-command  #xf030 )))

Does anyone know how I can fix this without upgrading to 22.0? I want to
hew as closely as possible to what the default key mappings will be on
ver. 22 when I make the change. Maybe it's impossible in msw. How can the
minimized emacs frame get the focus without Alt-tabbing to it?

Ed.