(another's PC) NTemacs -- how much disk taken up? (ditto: cygwin)

From: David Combs
Subject: (another's PC) NTemacs -- how much disk taken up? (ditto: cygwin)
Date: 19 Jul 2007 23:58:01 -0400

(no PC here -- have sunblade 100 (sparc) -- but wife does)

I'd like to put onto *her* computer:

   ntemacs

   (and (of course?)) cygwin

Anyone know (from experience) how much disk space each
of these take up?

I need this for:

    Nah, no sweat, honey, since ntemacs takes only 17.5 gigs,
     and cygwin 8.2.      :-)

Also -- suppose I have my own directory, C:/dkcombs, say,
and want (*need*!) to interact the absolute minimum with
anything outside of that (to avoid (well, reduce) the possibility of
any later finger-pointing) --

.  can these two things simply live in my C:/dkcombs dir?

.  can that also include the "binaries" that actually get run?
      eg bash, grep, ...?

.  what *must* be changed in the "registry" (whatever that is!)?

.  if eventually needed (perhaps *demanded*), how easy/difficult
   to "uninstall" all this?

THANKS!

David