Re: Questions to Mutt-mode

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: Questions to Mutt-mode
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:45:10 +0200

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 04:30:29PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> The following does not work?
>
>       (setq default-frame-alist (append (list
>         '(width  . 82)
>         '(height . 45)
>         '(font   . "-Adobe-Courier-Medium-R-Normal--24-240-75-75-M-150-
> ISO8859-1")
>       )))

Yes, this might also work. It's just a variant I didn't try when I
experimented with the settings. I separated the last line to find the
correct font without making Emacs crash all the time.

Anyway, it's quite unnerving to manually change the when the
emacsserver frame is started by Mutt. I always forget it and start
writing immediately, what results in an error message when I return to
Mutt. I wonder why starting a new frame doesn't automatically set the
focus correspondingly. It might possibly have to do with kwin, not
with Emacs. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sven