Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:56:31 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@mx6.tiki.ne.jp> writes:

> On 27 juil. 07, at 00:03, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
>
>> A French speaking user, using a French localized emacs, ask a support
>> question to somebody who use a Russian emacs.  The common language of
>> these two people is German.
>
> A French speaking user using a French localized emacs will ask people
> from the French emacs community. Such language based communities
> already exist.

Yes, but obviously, they don't contain all the experts, and often they
don't contain THE expert who is needed.

That's why we're on gnu.emacs.help, not on fr.comp.applications.emacs.

> I don't really understand what your practical experiences with
> translations or multilingual support or locale based communities are,
> but I think you've been in emacs too long.

Just compare the traffic in comp.any.thing and the equivalent
CC.comp.translated.any.thing groups.

ATTENTION: Despite any other listing of product contents found
herein, the consumer is advised that, in actuality, this product
consists of 99.9999999999% empty space.