new post/Emacs v21.2/C++ mode/cin, cout

From: Frank Murray
Subject: new post/Emacs v21.2/C++ mode/cin, cout
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:24:28 -0400

Hello,

   A new post, and not sure if this is more a basic C++ question than
an Emacs question.

I notice that in my Emacs editor, I cannot write just "cin >>" as input or "cout <<" as output. The g++ compiler used in Emacs requires "std::cin >>" and/ or "std::cout <<" for input and output. Note, this is a Terminal window running under Mac OS X.

So, again, if this is more a C++ question, I apologize in advance. If so, I will ask that community
this question.  If not, any information is appreciated.  Thanks.

fjm