Noon question : Copying w/o Killing

From: winuser
Subject: Noon question : Copying w/o Killing
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 07:24:11 -0700 (PDT)

As this is my first post on this forum, I am reposting here in the hope that
it is the right one.

PLease lead me to the relevant docs if possible.
I am using Emacs 22 on WinXP SP2 and I'm trying to copy text from a Emacs
buffer while leaving the original in place. ( AKA C-c and C-v )
Is there a Emacs keybinding for this ?

If I can learn Emacs, maybe I can go on to bigger targets like Linux :)