Re: calc: E command hangs Emacs.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: calc: E command hangs Emacs.
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:01:01 +0200

"yu jie" <yujie052@gmail.com> writes:

>> On 9/18/07, Michaël Cadilhac < michael@cadilhac.name> wrote:
>>
>> "yu jie" <yujie052@gmail.com> writes:
>> > M-x calc <RET>
>> > 1<RET>
>> > ----------->here minibuffer reads: "loading xxxxx...." and
>> > ----------->Emacs has no response to any keystrokes.

>>     I just can't reproduce it.  Please provide some more information
>> on your system, emacs version, if it does the same with emacs -Q,
>> etc. or send this bug report via M-x report-emacs-bug.

> Hi, Michael:
>      Thanks for your kind reply. Here's system infomation
>
> ====
> In GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
> of 2007-09-19 on KEVIN-DESKTOP
> Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
> configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'
> ====
>
> I tried to calculate e^1 but failed.

Thanks for the information.  Does it still happen if you launch Emacs
without any config file (with emacs -Q)?

Maybe you can help debugging further using gdb, or if Emacs does respond
to C-g, by using M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET before hitting C-g and
forwarding us the backtrace ?

Can someone here reproduce this bug under Windows?

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  It isn't feasible for me              |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |          to browse a web site.         |