Re: frame changes sizes in Emacs 23 (emacs-snapshot)

From: Sebastian P. Luque
Subject: Re: frame changes sizes in Emacs 23 (emacs-snapshot)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:56:00 -0500

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:02:28 -0500,
"Sebastian P. Luque" <spluque@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I sent this to the gnus ng, but since it also happens when changing
> buffers that use slightly different fonts, I'm sending it here too.
> Using the emacs-snapshot package (emacs 23 for Debian: GNU Emacs
> 23.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0) of 2007-09-22 on
> elegiac, modified by Debian), which now uses GTK exclusively, I see that
> the main frame size gets reduced every time I get into and out of a ng
> with Gnus (No Gnus v0.6). Has anyone noticed this and have any
> suggestion on a fix for it? Thanks.

I solved the problem by setting tool-bar-mode to t (via customize or
tool-bar-mode fun), to standardize it to the same value in all buffers.
In Gnus it was nil, while in other buffers it was t, so switching between
them caused inconsistent resizing of the frame.  Does this qualify as a
bug nonetheless?

--
Seb