Re: Emacs bindings in other programs

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Emacs bindings in other programs
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 09:46:03 -0500

Sebastian Tennant <sebyte@smolny.plus.com> writes:

> Quoth jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson):
>> YSK <koyfman@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Just installed Firemacs -- it works great.  Also, I use an add-on
>>> called "It's All Text" that allows you launch external editors to edit
>>> text fields on web pages.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I use MozEx to follow mailto links and edit text fields.
>>

> Could you tell us exactly how you use MozEx for following mailto: links
> Joel.

Definitely: I have the following shell-script (suggestions welcome) that
I found on some webpage somewhere (~/.emacs.d/gnus-mailto.sh):

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/emacsclient -e "(message-mail \"$1\")"

and then in MozEx I enter "/home/joel/.emacs.d/gnus-mailto.sh %a" in the
"Mailer: " field, and check the "intercept mail clicks" box.

I must say that I've been using emacs-w3m for almost everything, and
I rarely start Firefox anymore.

The script could probably be redone in Elisp, too.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician