Re: ediff & No newline at end of file

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: ediff & No newline at end of file
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:47:12 -0600

sandro dentella wrote:
Hi all,

   I'm a happy user of ediff, both for diff and  merge. What I have
not been able to to
  and I really need is to configure it  _NOT_  to complain about
missing newline ad the
  end of a file.

  I frequently need to compare files and I really don't mind if they
have a final newline or not.
  It's ok a warning but I want it to go ahead and show the differences
while now
  I just see a single buffer with the warning and no ediff windows/
panel.

Hmmm, it seems like it ought to do the right thing out of the box:

,----[ C-h v ediff-diff-ok-lines-regexp RET ]
| ediff-diff-ok-lines-regexp is a variable defined in `ediff-diff.el'.
| Its value is
?$\\|[<>] \\|---\\|.*Warning *:\\|.*No +newline\\|.*missing +newline\\|^
?$\\)"

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers