Re: anti-aliased fonts

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: anti-aliased fonts
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:34:32 -0700

On Sep 2, 2008, at 7:07 PM, sashang@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

Is there support for anti-aliased fonts in emacs? I installed emacs a
few days ago and tried to use it but found that the fonts were
rendered poorly. Some searching of the net revealed that I had to get
a special snapshot installed (apt-get install emacs-snapshot-gtk) to
get anti-aliased fonts. I find this surprising considering that it's
2008 and every other application I use supports anti-aliased fonts.
While it is 2008, the emacs version which comes with Debian Etch is 21.4, which is quite old. Emacs 21 was first released in 2001, and the first version of Emacs 22 was in 2007.

I don't use Linux anymore, but I'd expect that recent Emacs packages support AA fine.

Long story short, this is a Debian problem, not an Emacs problem.