Re: Execute command on marked buffers

From: Xah
Subject: Re: Execute command on marked buffers
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:58:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 8, 9:06 am, "Sean McLaughlin" <non...@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Having marked some buffers in a buffer menu, how do I execute a
> particular command upon them?  Specifically, I want to change a
> bunch of buffers that are erroneously in "xml-mode" to
> "nxml-mode".
>
> This is with 22.2.1.

To apply a function to marked files in dired, use “dired-get-marked-
files”, like this:

;; idiom for processing a list of files in dired's marked files

;; suppose myProcessFile is your function that takes a file path
;; and do some processing on the file

(defun dired-myProcessFile ()
  "apply myProcessFile function to marked files in dired."
  (interactive)
  (require 'dired)
  (mapc 'myProcessFile (dired-get-marked-files))
)

you can read some other idioms here:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_idioms.html

  Xah