Re: Emacs on the Nokia N900

From: Thomas Munro
Subject: Re: Emacs on the Nokia N900
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:37:01 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 16, 7:46 am, Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
> I just bought a Nokia N900. I was wondering if it would be possible to
> install Emacs on it?

Yes the first Google result (as indicated by someone else) works
perfectly for me, it's great for some lightweight hacking on the tube/
metro/bus etc.  I haven't yet settled on a decent way to enter <
{ [  ` and various other symbols I need (that Emacs build doesn't
allow you to use the standard extended keyboard with the blue arrow +
ctrl), but I've tried a few different ways.  Any suggestions?  I've
been able to sample the accelerometer from Emacs Lisp (it's just
reading a file), but coming up with an algorithm for recognising
different shakes/gestures so that I can bind them to Emacs functions
is proving difficult :-)