Re: Convert UTF-8 string to hex

From: 白い熊
Subject: Re: Convert UTF-8 string to hex
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:44:17 +0300

Steve Revilak <steve@srevilak.net> writes:
> If you're looking for a hex representation of a string, you might try
> M-x hexl-mode.  hexl-mode shows a hex representation of the current
> buffer.  If your buffer contains a utf-8 string, then you'll see a hex
> representation of that string.

Yeah, I'm looking exactly for that, however so that I can modify a
string in a part of elisp code.

I.e. I need to do what hexl-mode shows me if I inspect a string with it
manually, in order to convert the string in elisp code. That's what
uni2ascii does in shell.

Basically, I don't wanna look a some string manually and see it's hex
representation, I need to take it in a code, and pass its hex
representation as a string further on...
--
C уважением / 宜しく御願い致します / Best regards / S pozdravem / Z poważaniem / Mit
freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊