Re: Call graph emacs tool

From: George Kadianakis
Subject: Re: Call graph emacs tool
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:02:02 +0300

Gary wrote:

>George Kadianakis wrote:
>> I'd like it to be able to give me code paths that span
>> multiple files (cflow can only process a single source file).
>
>> [1]:
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/cflow/manual/cflow.html#Direct-and-Reverse
>
>Are you sure? "GNU cflow analyzes a *collection of* C source files and
>prints a graph, charting control flow within the program."  (my
>emphasis).

Hey,

yeah I noticed the emphasized part in cflow's DESCRIPTION as well, but
by doing some brief checks and studying the online manual [1], I see
no sign of cflow being able to understand source file relationships.

I'm intrigued on writing this myself (most probably on top of cflow),
but I'm trying to avoid finding out in a week that this has already
been done.

Anyone else that is aware of such a tool is most welcome to post :)

PS: Sorry for fubaring the mail threading, but I'm not subscribed to
the list and I forgot to request CC:ing :)

[1]: http://www.gnu.org/software/cflow/manual/cflow.html