Re: list-buffers by buffer type

From: Jérôme M. Berger
Subject: Re: list-buffers by buffer type
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 10:29:40 +0200

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 05.10.2012 um 20:18 schrieb Jérôme M. Berger:
>
>> Is there an equivalent for the menu from the menu bar? And is
>> there a way to change the sort order?
>
> Je ne sais pas. The help-mode documentation on
> mouse-buffer-menu-mode-mult and on mouse-buffer-menu-mode-groups
> suggests that it only works for the pop-up menu. The latter variable
> suggests that some other sort order is possible. The fact that these
> variables are coming from mouse.el makes this quite certain.

        I tried playing with those variables, and they do only affect the
pop-up menu (logical given their names).

> Did you read the documentation on the Buffers menu? (I'm not
> using that menu, it can be longer than the screen's height…) A bit of
> sorting could certainly suit it.

        Thanks, unfortunately I've been unable to find any documentation
about the buffer menu. What is called "Buffer menu" in the
documentation is actually the buffer list (i.e. the buffer that you
get with C-x C-b that displays a list of buffers). There is no
mention of the menubar anywhere I could find.

                Jerome
--
mailto:jeberger@free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr