Re: Reverting but keeping undo

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Reverting but keeping undo
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 18:05:51 +0200

Dan Espen <despen@verizon.net> writes:

> Undoing a revert sounds very intuitive to me.

To me too.

> And the confirmation dialog on the revert was no fun,
> I had my own solution for bypassing the warning.
>
> I see no reason for any additional warnings.

To be clear: I don't want an additional prompt for confirmation, just a
short message in the minibuffer, like

[Undo: undoing `revert-buffer']

Because there are cases when the user (I) would want to stop at that
point.

> I assume this change kills off the old confirmation about reverting.
> (Posting from news:gnu.emacs.help).

I wonder why this prompt for confirmation was implemented.  I mean, you
seldom will type M-x revert-buffer RET by accident... If it's of no use
and everybody hates it, we should indeed consider to remove it, at least
for the interactive case.

Regards,

Michael.