Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:53:52 +0200

> Just log out of stackexchange and stackoverflow.  Forget about
> your reputation.  Come over to the Emacs official forums.  I
> assure you will become a better Technologist.
>
> In this forum, there are folks who have used punch cards.  I
> don't think SE or SO can boast of such *veteran* users.
>
> Btw, helping Emacs *even* in other forums is good.  But being
> present on the official forum is altogether a different
> experience.

I have dropped all those sites for those and other reasons. I like
Usenet so much more because I can use Gnus: configurable in Elisp,
a text-only interface, and all the common cursor-movement (etc.)
shortcuts from Emacs. And, all the other things that I don't like
with those SX sites (reputation, no side-threads, etc.)

> ps: I am surprised to see a kick boxer who is shy of taking
> punches that were given in good spirit.  Remember, you have had
> your share of punches at others.  Let's all retire from the
> boxing ring, smile, shake hands, have a cup of chocolate.

Yes! Please, stop.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573