Re: Learn Emacs Lisp in 15 minutes

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Learn Emacs Lisp in 15 minutes
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 19:35:20 +0200

>> It's hard to find the right trade-off: I cannot go into too much
>> details about variables, dynamic variables, etc.
>
> Indeed.  One thing that might be worth squeezing in is some example of
> C-h f <foo> and then click to get to the source.

Yes.  The latest version contains this postamble:

;; If you want to know more about a variable or a function:
;;
;; C-h v a-variable RET
;; C-h f a-function RET
;;
;; To read the Emacs Lisp manual with Emacs:
;;
;; C-h i m elisp RET
;;
;; To read an online introduction to Emacs Lisp:
;;
;; https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eintr/index.html

I guess it's already a lot.

(Several people said that such a hands on tutorial for writing a mode
would be handy.  On my TODO list for the next two months.)

--
 Bastien