Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:58:17 +0900

Hello,
** Alex Kost [2013-08-16 15:37:41 +0400]:

> Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

>> To get correct output for Russian I decided to define new keyboard layout
>> ('dvorak-classic') for
>> quail (this is not my discovery I found it on emacswiki.org).

>> But this solution rises another weird problem. Looking ahead I must say that
>> I notice this
>> problem about 4-6 months ago while I use this setup (dvorak layout) for more
>> than a year.

> I've tried your variant with (quail-set-keyboard-layout "dvorak"), and it
> works for me without a sign of your strange Problem.

Thanks for that invaluable information, I think you use some of stable
releases, I run Emacs compiled from a bzr trunk. I'll try to play with
stable release then.

>> Why I call it "weird" problem: because it comes not always, it is very
>> sporadic. It doesn't
>> depend if I run Emacs with my settings or without any (emacs -Q), in
>> terminal (tty) or in
>> graphical environment (X).

> Sorry for uninformative reply, but i don't know how to help you here.
> Perhaps, it would be better to do "M-x report-emacs-bug".

If I only knew what to report (Do I have reproducible example? No, I
don't have).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
... I want a COLOR T.V. and a VIBRATING BED!!!