Re: dir(Top) is in French ?!?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: dir(Top) is in French ?!?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:02:04 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
>> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:03:07 -0400
>>
>> > They all are supposed to be identical on a given machine.
>>
>> Every ELPA package can come with its own `dir' file and this file is not
>> build locally during installation, but it's instead built once and
>> forall on the elpa.gnu.org machine.
>
> I refer you to what I wrote earlier: this "localization" is IMO broken
> by design, but that does happen to be the design.  So one needs to
> talk to the designer.

You suggested that the designer was probably the Texinfo group, but this
suggests that the problem might be in ELPA in that ELPA should not
include the 'dir' file in the package, but instead generate the 'dir'
file on installation, so the ELPA designers might be more appropriate.
Agreed?

--
David Masterson
Programmer At Large