Re: RTF for emacs

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: 1 Jun 2014 21:55:02 GMT

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Come to think of it, the Emacs font locks are sort of a
> bridge - if I write this in LaTeX (in latex-mode)
>
> \subsection{the top-most, global scheduler}
>
> In the program, there is a single scheduler at the
> highest level: the top of the hierarchy. This scheduler
> is called the {\em global scheduler}.
>
> the header turns yellow, and the emphasized term turns
> light green.

You should try C-c C-o C-b (`TeX-fold-buffer') and C-c C-p C-b
(`preview-buffer'). Combine those with a variable-width font
(`variable-pitch-mode', possibly also `(setq cursor-type 'bar)') and you
have the closest thing to WYSIWYG that Emacs currently has to offer:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24935319/Emacs-WYSIWYG.png

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)