Re: mail-yank-original problem

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: mail-yank-original problem
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 19:34:22 +0200

Hans BKK <hansbkk@gmail.com> writes:

>> I actually don't know why Emacs is so conservative
>> color-wise. Colors are helpful (productive), but they
>> also make you feel good, so you get even more
>> productive.
>
> Emacs' traditions precede GUI/mouse/color support.
> Everyone's taste differs.

Colors don't have anything to do with the GUI or the
mouse. When I was a kid there were colors on the PC but
no GUI, while the Mac had a GUI in Finder (which
couldn't be used without the mouse), nonetheless
everything was black and white. I never use either GUI
or mouse and haven't mentioned either.

> Look at it as a 'toolkit' allowing you to config/code
> your own editor. If that seems burdensome or too
> difficult then maybe another editor more in tune with
> the current mainstream zeitgeist would suit you
> better

?!

Here is 52 files of configuration and extension in
Elisp:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs.html

> No comment on the 'kids & girls'.

OK, then I'm not going to comment either on the quality
of your post. Or did I...

--
underground experts united