Re: Magit reports binary files that don't exist

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: Magit reports binary files that don't exist
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:06:11 +0200

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> But none of the two likely files has that number of lines, rather 624 or
>> 1923 lines. Not quite sure how a correct estimate would/should enlighten
>> me?
>
> Possible line ending conversion due to configuration differences on
> checkin/checkout machines.

I used only one (Archlinux) machine for these repos, and I'm the only
committer.

Could emacs-server be responsable for several problems I'm
seeing right now (access to my gmail-accounts denied for gnus, magit
treats .el files as binary)? Because a few days ago I (accidentally)
started an emacs-server with the same init-file of an already running
emacs instance, and that was more or less the time when the problems
began.

But its hard to see how this could be related, its probably pure
coincidence. But maybe not, because I remember that after starting the
server every file I opened in dired was "changed" and had to be saved,
although I did not modify most of them.

> I've just read your message on the magit ml. I manage thousands of .el
> files with magit/git (the emacs repo, for instance) and never observed
> that message.

Its relatively new for me too, and I'm managing hundreds of .el files too
for quite some time now.

--
cheers,
Thorsten