Re: latex-mode hook?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: latex-mode hook?
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 20:49:27 +0200

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

> Probably you need to use LaTeX-mode-hook variable
> instead. It's different from latex-mode-hook (note
> the letter case difference).

Indeed, but how so? And why?

I always used the latex-mode-hook and it works for the
major mode that I use for LaTeX, logically named
LaTeX-mode:

    LaTeX mode defined in `tex-mode.el':
    Major mode for editing files of input for LaTeX.

I know there are other modes for LaTeX, most notably
AUCTeX that seems to be more popular than latex-mode.
(To me it is not really an issue since all I need is
syntax highlighting, basically, as well as the mode
itself so I can setup certain options and a couple of
dufuns.)

Is AUCTeX what Kimble is using? If not, what? And, why
is that called something that can be confused
(apparently) with the latex-mode stuff?

Case-sensitiveness is a good thing but it doesn't mean
it makes sense to have one "ls" command and one "LS"
command and one "lS" and one "Ls".

This is what I wrote in the LaTeX/BibTeX business. I
wouldn't be surprised if some of that stuff is in
AUCTeX or even in latex-mode:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/latex.el

--
underground experts united