Re: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Udyant Wig
Subject: Re: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 15:34:01 +0530

| Because this is all public. I enjoy writing this but I
| want people to read it as well. If Google want to read
| it, they are most welcome :)

 I should have mentioned this beforehand and included other entities
 along with Google.  Would the fact that many intelligence agencies were
 monitoring fora affect your perspective?

| <snip FOSS participants into technical and politico-technical people>
:
| <snip remaining political people>

 The industry of the latter is indeed great.  I get disturbed when the
 political "wins" over the technical.

| Yes. It is in part even automatized moderation. But I
| don't believe in moderation - I believe in a community
| where people are free to be moronic, and hopefully, in
| time, they won't be, even though they can.

 An admirable sentiment.

| The GUI or UI shouldn't matter. A CLI, or otherwise
| text-only, is superior to just about any GUI, I
| believe. But that shouldn't matter. The material should
| just be there, free - if you want to access it through
| a GUI I don't have any problem with that, as long as I
| can access the same material not using a GUI. Why fight
| about it?

 As I said, the future is the GUI, or so it seems.  This is to say that
 very often the primary and only interface available would be the GUI
 without alternatives.

:
| That always the case. Never do new things. Only do
| improvements to old things.

 This is interesting.  I am still trying to think about this.

| Yes, that is functional in that sense. But: the most
| popular answer isn't by definition the best. Also, it
| makes people neurotic and they start thinking in lines
| of reputation, instead of thinking in lines "does this
| answer make sense?" which is much more creative and
| relevant.

 This I can accept.

--
Udyant Wig