Re: fill-paragraph with pre and postfix

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: fill-paragraph with pre and postfix
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 14:45:55 +1100

Jacob Gerlach writes:

> On Nov 5, 2014 6:42 AM, "Alexis" <flexibeast@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Jacob Gerlach writes:
>>
>> > A project I'm working on uses a handling function for some command line
>> > documentation:
>> >
>> >   blk("  I want to format my documentation like this.
> ");
>> >
>> > In order to match the convention for our project, it should include the
> two
>> > leading spaces and be filled with spaces out to column 70.
>>
>> Will the text that gets padded with spaces always be less than 70
>> columns in total?
>
> No, the idea is to use this function on a paragraph of text and have it
> broken into appropriately sized lines and then wrapped with the format
> function. Something akin to fill paragraph.

*nod* So you'd want output along the lines of:

    blk("  I want to format my documentation like this.
\nI want to format my documentation like this. I want to format my
\ndocumentation like this.                                              ")

?

(Or should /each/ 70-column line be wrapped with  'blk("")'?)

Alexis.