ibuffer-do-view-other-frame not using other frame

From: Matthias Pfeifer
Subject: ibuffer-do-view-other-frame not using other frame
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 09:41:56 +0100

Hi there,

this is a queston about ibuffer:

In ibuffer "H" is bound by default to "ibuffer-do-view-other-frame". The help
text tells me

> It is bound to H, <menu-bar> <operate> <do-view-other-frame>.
>
> (ibuffer-do-view-other-frame)
>
> View each of the marked buffers in a separate frame.

I expect that the command opens a new frame and shows the marked buffer there.
However if i mark a buffer by pressing "m" then press "H". The marked buffer is
shown in the current frame replacing the window showing ibuffer. However
calling "ibuffer-visit-buffer-other-frame" on any buffer operates as expected
and opens a new frame for showing. Is there somthing wrong about my
understanding of ibuffer-do-view-other-frame? Is there something freaky in my
setup? I have not customized ibuffer at all...

Matthias