Re: git:

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: git:
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:24:11 -0500

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> The hash in the diff is an md5 checksum generated by
> `autoload-generate-file-autoloads'.  I'm not sure why the md5 hashes
> differ, but this happened to me too.

Because the autoload source file, rmailsum.el, got modified.
The autoload hashes are updated once a day by a cron job that checks in
a new rmail.el (etc). If you happen to build before that runs, then git
pull after, you might see this issue.

> I suggest to make a bug report please [...]

I disagree. It's been like this for many years and is behaving as
designed.

It's a shame git is less user-friendly (refusing to pull if you have
uncommitted changs, even if the changes are identical to what you want
to pull) than eg bzr or svn, which just do the sensible thing (pull and
resolve conflicts automatically where possible).