Re: 24.5.; invoking hunspell with multiple dicts

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: 24.5.; invoking hunspell with multiple dicts
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 20:25:19 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> You shouldn't need this with kind of customization with Emacs 24.4 and
> later.  That code which signals an error in your case figures
> OTHERCHARS automatically.  (It also figures out all the rest.)

Tried it with `ispell.el' shipped with 24.5. like this:

1.  emacs --eval '(setq debug-on-error t)' -Q &

2.  Open a simple LaTeX file:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
Schönheit, Schön"=heit.
\end{document}

3.  `M-x ispell-change-dictionary RET german8 RET', marking `Schön"=heit'
and `M-x ispell-region' gives me the following:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Ispell misalignment: word `heit' point
74; probably incompatible versions")
  signal(error ("Ispell misalignment: word `heit' point 74; probably
incompatible versions"))
  error("Ispell misalignment: word `%s' point %d; probably incompatible
versions" "heit" 74)
  ispell-process-line("^Schön\"=heit\n" nil)
  ispell-region(66 77)
  call-interactively(ispell-region record nil)
  command-execute(ispell-region record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "ispell-region")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

I'm not sure if I've got bitten by the bug discussed and fixed here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/hunspell/bugs/185/

I have Hunspell 1.3.3. installed.

Best, Arash