Re: dired: Always kill buffer after deletion

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: dired: Always kill buffer after deletion
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 01:02:59 +0200

> After deleting dired asks if it should kill the
> buffer of a deleted directory. Is there a setting to
> always kill the buffer after deletion? Or are there
> any negative sideffects I failed to consider?

I don't know, but I would want that as well.

However, I can't reproduce your situation even with
your settings. When I delete a dir, it (dired) doesn't
ask me if the associated buffer should be killed, even
tho that buffer has just been opened and can be
selected after the deletion of the dir (the buffer
hasn't changed, only on `revert-buffer' it says "no
such file or directory").

If you now the exact warning message, grep the Emacs
source code for it and see if there is a construct
like

    (unless shut-up-about-it (message "Do you want ...

If so set the variable to t, of course.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573