Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 20:18:17 +0530

On Saturday 23 May 2015 06:57 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> When I used Mac OS X, it was called Finder, and
> I didn't see any Emacs back then, but nevertheless
> today I was able to use the EmacsWiki to find this
> page
>
>     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForMacOS
>
> which mentions Cocoa and Aquamacs and also provides
> the links
>
>     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacs
>     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BuildingAquamacs
>     http://aquamacs.org
>
> and many others.

The problem with Emacswiki is I have no idea how reliable the
information is.  I was hoping to get specific answers and
recommendations (rather than a link).

I don't have Mac and I am asking for this information so that I can
document it in the Emacs Primer.  I will be happy if someone writes a
detailed reply that would help us all.