How to make c-indent-line-region respect indent-tabs-mode when it's alre

From: Hong Xu
Subject: How to make c-indent-line-region respect indent-tabs-mode when it's already aligned?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 01:28:13 -0700

Hi,

Currently it seems that c-indent-line-region ignores the value of
indent-tabs-mode. For example, I have the following in a buffer

    int main()
    {
    <Tab>int x;
    }

and my indent-tabs-mode is nil. If 8 spaces is what expected, calling
c-indent-line-or-region would do nothing. However, if it's not aligned

    int main()
    {
    <Tab>   int x;
    }

calling c-indent-line-or-region would correct the tab with appropriate
number of spaces.

Is there a different line indentation function which respects
indent-tabs-mode even the line is already aligned?

Thanks,
Hong