emacs OSX initial frame does not show initial line

From: don . rozenberg
Subject: emacs OSX initial frame does not show initial line
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:03:25 -0700 (PDT)

I am running emacs 24.5.1 on an Apple Mini with 4 GB of memory and Yosemite.
When the initial frame is displayed the top line is not present no matter what
I put in buffer.  If I create a new frame the top line is visible.  I could
just create a new frame and abandon the original, but that is unattractive.

As emacs starts a smaller window appears at the upper left of the screen and
includes icons.  That window quickly disappears and is replaced by a frame
located, colored, sized, and using my font according to my .emacs and sports no
icons but it also does not display the first line of the the scratch buffer.  I
am happy with the appearance of the window except for the missing line. The
missing line persists no matter what I load into the buffer.

If I then create a new frame, with the same dimensions specified in my .emacs,
the contents are nearly the same as the previous frame but moved down one line
to display the first line but missing the bottom line. Also, the new frame
appears to be one line smaller.  I think I probable have done something
mistaken in my .emacs.

It appears that the original frame is 81x44 while the new frame is 81x43 whilst
my .emacs specifies a height of 45 for both initial-frame-alist and
default-frame-alist. This is very confusing!

I would appreciate any suggestion about how to make the initial frame appear as
expected.

Thanks in Advance