Re: Inserting ே and க்ஷ without the dotted circle

From: Random832
Subject: Re: Inserting ே and க்ஷ without the dotted circle
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 10:15:33 -0500

Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@gmail.com> writes:

> Eli,
>
> --- On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> | (FWIW, this renders correctly on my system, but it isn't Ubuntu, and
> | the font is Latha.)
> \--
>
> Can you please provide a link to the Latha font that you use?

If it renders correctly for you in gedit, then the font is unlikely to
be the problem, unless you're using a different font in gedit than in
emacs. Can you find out what font you're using in Emacs, and what you're
using in gedit, and determine whether gedit and other GTK apps behave
the same or differently with the same font?

Also, are you using the Lucid or GTK version of Emacs (emacs24 vs
emacs24-lucid)?

Latha comes with MS Windows, and appears to cost US$69 to buy separately.