Re: How do I display pdfs to the right and not below the current window?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How do I display pdfs to the right and not below the current window?
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 04:18:40 +0100

> The question that remains is whether `split-window-right' should set
> `window-size' or `window-total-size' or something else yet.  (My opinion
> is `window-size', but I may be wrong.)  Eventually, it seems to rely on
> `split-window', which is too scary for me to look into now (235 lines,
> excluding the docstring;-)).

Seems this resizes the windows after creating them, using, at the end,
`set-window-new-normal'.  The rest are preliminaries, condition checking
and calculations.

It's probably easier for the primitives to not take scroll bars
etc. into count, dunno.  My guess is that it would be very hard to
change the behavior, and it is relatively easy to calculate a size
according to what you expect yourself, so I would do the latter.

Regards,

Michael.