how to install haskell mode?

From: Rusi
Subject: how to install haskell mode?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 15:20:22 -0000

I follow the instructions at https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode
where for QUICK INSTALL it says to have this in init:

(require 'package)
(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(package-archives
   (quote
    (("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
     ("melpa-stable" . "http://stable.melpa.org/packages/";)))))

Then package-refresh-contents

Then package-install haskell-mode

The problem is that when I try package install haskell-mode it finds no
such package

Note that if I query package-archives I get (1st 2 lines)

package-archives is a variable defined in `package.el'.
Its value is (("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
 ("melpa-stable" . "http://stable.melpa.org/packages/";))

When I look at the melpa site: http://stable.melpa.org/#/
its there

When I look inside emacs theres no haskell-mode

Yeah there is haskell-emacs and other stuff which I assured by the haskell
folks is quite bitrotten and avoidable