customized buffer list

From: Kevin Buchs
Subject: customized buffer list
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:36:29 -0500

Today I got inspired to make Emacs work better for me. The buffer list (C-x
C-b) has abbreviated buffer names. Also the size and mode columns I rarely
use. I began to look for an option to customize the buffer list or an
alternative to it. I started to look at the code for buffer-list() and I
got scared. It is twisted and it uses function names beginning with an
uppercase letter! Couldn't find any customization. I found the well-hidden
ibuffer, but that didn't give me what I was seeking. I found Buffer Menu
Plus (https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BufferMenuPlus) and that allows
hiding the mode. Anyone have recommendations for any other solutions?

Thanks