RE: call function in other window ?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: call function in other window ?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 15:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

> > You should use both, IMO.  Info manuals often provide additional
> > information that expands and enhances the doc strings.
>
> As I wrote, I (still) prefer to read the manuals as PDFs in an external
> reader. The main advantage is that I can easily move from a manual to
> another while I can only have one info buffer opened in Emacs, or maybe I
> have not yet found the way to keep a number of manuals opened at the same
> time in Emacs.

`M-n' is bound to `clone-buffer' in `Info-mode-map'.  Use it to get
an Info clone of the current node - buffer `*info*<2>' etc.  Then
navigate from either of the two buffers for the node.  Etc.

IOW, you can have as many Info buffers as you like open at the
same time.  Each has its own history (Back etc.).

Remember that in any mode, and Info mode is no exception, `C-h m'
is your friend.  It tells you, among many other things, that `M-n'
selects "a new cloned Info buffer in another window".

Ask Emacs.