Re: Can't Get Org-Drill to Work

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: Can't Get Org-Drill to Work
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:28:12 -0700

M. P. <wintermute24x7@icloud.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install org-drip. I have org and org-contrib installed
> through Elpa. The Problem has something to do with the line (require
> `org-drill. When I try to run this config I get
>
> Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> ‘/Users/m.r.p/.emacs’:
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: copy-list

>From a quick look, this appears to be a bug in `org-drill', but luckily
it's easy to work around in your config.

To do so, add (require 'cl) to your config, before (require 'org-drill).

The problem is that `copy-list' is a function defined in `cl' (as an
alias to `cl-copy-list' in `cl-lib'), but `org-drill' only requires `cl'
at compilation time. `org-drill' should use `cl-copy-list' instead, or
else require `cl' unconditionally (i.e., without `eval-when-compile').

> The documentation tells me to You will also need to make sure that
> Org's "contrib/lisp" directory is in the emacs load-path. How do I do
> this?

I don't think you'll need to do this, ELPA will have handled it.

Hope that helps

        John