Re: Emacs po-mode help request

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Emacs po-mode help request
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:37:09 +0900

Jean-Philippe,

I am putting the gettext list in Cc since the po-mode comes from there.
Also Bruno Haible is active on traduc.org and he probably can help too.

I have checked the po-mode+ code and indeed the po-auto-replace-revision-date
function from po-mode is overridden by po-auto-update-header, which does seem
to update the following fields:

"PO-Revision-Date"
"Last-Translator"
"Language-Team"
"X-Generator"

There is a setting for po-mode+ that you can modify in the Emacs customization:
(defcustom po-auto-update-header t
  "*Automatically update the header.  Value is nil, t, or ask."
  :type '(choice (const nil)
                 (const t)
                 (const ask))
  :group 'po)

So, maybe instead of trying to modify the code, you could first install
po-mode+.el and then make sure it is activated?

Jean-Christophe Helary

> On Dec 2, 2018, at 3:31, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi@free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am a translator for free software and I use Emac because po-mode
> provides for an accessible tool to translate po files. My problem is
> that while I use Emacs, I dont know to program in Lisp and I just can
> copy-and-paste code. Thus I implemented the po-wrap feature via the
> Emacs wiki.
>
> My current problem is as follows: when I exit Emacs after I change a PO
> file, Emacs automatically update the field "Last-Translation" with the
> current date. All right. I am unable to get the sema about the
> translator name and email (Last-translator field). I tried to implement
> some code from po-mode+.el and to change some code in po-mode.el, but I
> never can get the result. The feature seems to exist in the code but
> without effect nor any mean to enable it or set it.
>
> Any solution?
>
> Thanks very much for any help.
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> signature_jp_2
> Logo Hypra    JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
> DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
> 102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
> Tel : +331 84 73 06 61 <tel:+33184730661> Mob : +336 76 34 93 37
> <tel:+33676349337>
> jpmengual@hypra.fr <mailto:jpmengual@hypra.fr>
> www.hypra.fr <http://www.hypra.fr/>
> Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/> Twitter Hypra