Re: Issues with multi-hop in TRAMP

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Issues with multi-hop in TRAMP
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:51:20 +0100

Jordan Wilson <jordan.t.wilson@gmx.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Jordan,

>> Looks OK to me. Do you see the same when starting "emacs -Q"?
> Yes.

Strange.

> I tried to edebug my way to find the problem but with no luck.
>
> If I remove "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH\" from the system path,
> everything seems to work fine. So it's not a massive issue for
> me. But...
>
> Using Microsoft's process monitor program[1], I can see Emacs is going
> through the $PATHs trying to call a "ssh" executable on the local
> machine. I gather it gives up and does what it is supposed to. Is that a
> bug?

It shouldn't. There is a clear directive to use plink on your local
machine, if you use a file name like
"/plink:username@machine|sshx:username@machine2:"

Have you tried sole "/plink:username@machine:"?

Do you use packages which keep information over Emacs sessions, like
recentf.el or desktop.el?

> Thanks,

Best regards, Michael.