Re: early-init and tool-bar-mode question

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: early-init and tool-bar-mode question
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:19:22 -0500

> (setq electric-indent-mode nil)
> (setq menu-bar-mode nil)
> (setq tool-bar-mode nil)
> (setq scroll-bar-mode nil)
> (setq tooltip-mode nil)

These are all minor modes, so to disable them you want to *call* them.
Just setting the var is likely not to be quite good enough (tho it will
sometimes work, admittedly):

    (electric-indent-mode -1)
    (menu-bar-mode -1)
    (tool-bar-mode -1)
    (scroll-bar-mode -1)
    (tooltip-mode -1)

> Apparently if I set this in this way, the tool-bar is always shown in
> terminal-mode, but in the graphical version it is not.

I've never seen the tool bar in terminal mode, so your description
sounds very strange.

        Stefan